All Foreign delegates should ensure that they are in possession of valid Indian Visa before they start their journey to India except nationals of Nepal and Bhutan who do not require visa to enter India and nationals of Maldives who do not require visa for entry in India for a period up to 90 days (a separate Visa regime exists for diplomatic/official passport holders).
- Visa type: Conference visa
- Period: Duration of the conference
- Date of application: not earlier than 3 months before the start of the conference
- Required documents:
- Letter of invitation from the conference organizers
- NOC from Ministry of Health, Home and External Affairs.
- Delegates attending the Conferences may combine tourism
For additional information on Conference Visa, please click here
Below is the process to help WSC 2016 delegates with visa requirements. It will enable you to receive an invitation letter as well as documents to be submitted for your visa application.
Note that the full procedure takes approximately 21 days.
Fill in the online form below with your details and click on submit
They will forward you details to the Home Affairs for approval and once approved, the following documents will be sent to you:
- Invitation Letter with your details.
- NOC from the Ministry of Health
- NOC from the Home Affairs
- NOC from the External Affairs
This step will take up to 10 days.
Please apply for the visa at the respective Indian high commission/ consulate in your country, using the above documents together with your visa application form
As your personal details will be already approved by the Home Affairs, thehe visa approval procedure should take approximately 7 business days from the application.
It is advisable to apply for a visa well in advance, but not earlier than 3 months before the start date of the Congress.
Accompanying persons not attending the Congress have to apply for e-Tourist visas. In countries where e-Tourist visa is not available, accompanying persons may apply for a tourist visa. For more information, please click here.
For any enquiry on visa applications, you may contact:
The Consular Passport and Visa (CPV) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs is responsible for issuance of Indian visas to the foreign nationals for their visit for various purposes. This facility is granted through various Indian missions abroad.
Visa fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice. The High Commission reserves the right on granting and deciding type/duration of visa irrespective of the fees tendered at the time of making application. Granting of Visa does not confer the right of entry to India and is subject to the discretion of the Immigration Authorities.
Visa Application Form:
Visa application form is available at the office of Indian Embassy in the country.
Procedure for obtaining Visa:
Visas can be applied for in person or by post at the High Commission of India based in the country from where the candidate intends to depart for India.
Requirements for Visa:
Generally the following documents are required for obtaining Indian Visa. However, the requirement may vary from country to country.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months
- Duly completed application form (Nationals of Pakistan and Bangladesh must complete special application forms). Visa application form is available at the office of Indian Embassy in your country.
- Visa fee
- Two passport size photographs (nationals of Pakistan will require five)
- Supporting documents, where necessary
For additional information, please click here